Linux Kernel 3.15 has finally been announced by Linus Torvalds and there's much more to offer from Linux.
What's new in Linux Kernel 3.15
- USB: Avoid runtime suspend loops for HCDs that can't handle suspend/resume
- drm/radeon/dpm: resume fixes for some systems
- USB: serial: option: add support for Novatel E371 PCIe card
- x86, vdso: Fix an OOPS accessing the HPET mapping w/o an HPET
- usb: cdc-wdm: export cdc-wdm uapi header
- Btrfs: send, fix corrupted path strings for long paths
You can read what Linus Torvalds has to say and all the things Linux Kernel 3.15 has to offer at https://lkml.org/lkml/2014/6/8/70
Install / Upgrade to Linux Kernel 3.15
Run these commands in a terminal one-by-one to install / upgrade to Linux kernel 3.15.
For 32-bit system
For 64-bit system
sudo dpkg -i linux-headers-3.15.0-*.deb linux-image-3.15.0-*.deb
Once done, restart your computer to see the changes.
If for some reason, the Linux Kernel 3.15 install / upgrade do not works properly, you can roll back to previous stable kernel by Navigating to Grub > Advanced > Select previous kernel and running this command to uninstall it
and updating the grub menu